Construction, Mining & Utility
We have a wealth of experience in the construction, mining and utility sectors, designing and manufacturing solutions for both original equipment and aftermarket customers. Our precision-engineered products and systems have been developed to meet their demands for safety, productivity, higher payloads, flexibility and efficiency, together with driver comfort.
3-Piece Wheel Solutions
The combination of cost and performance have resulted in 3-piece wheels becoming the industry standard in some sectors. Lighter and more stable than 5-piece rims, these wheels make tyre-mounting safer, as the driver is in place before the tyre is inflated, and protect the driver from hazards.
The cost and performance benefits of 3 Piece Rims have resulted in this type of wheel becoming the industry-standard in some sectors.
With the driver on the outside, there is a constant risk of damage (or even destruction) as a result of stone impacts or aggressive conditions. An inside driver is completely protected from such hazards.
When the driver is on the outside, wheel components must be adjusted to the correct position after the tyre is partly inflated to ensure the driver is also positioned correctly. However with a driver on the inside, tyre-mounting is safer as the driver is in place before the tyre is inflated. Wheels with the driver on the inside are also lighter and more stable.
• Reduced weight compared to 5 Piece Wheel
• Cost performance benefits over using a 5 Piece Wheel
• Inside drive means the driver is protected from hazards
• Tyre mounting is safer as the driver is in place before the tyre is inflated
• Lighter and more stable
5-Piece Wheel Solutions
Our standard 5-Piece wheels are designed for tubeless operation, with reinforced bead seat bands and back section. Featuring an optimised locked ring design and a continuous tyre tool pocket feature, these high-specification, high-quality wheels allow for ease of tyre fitting for heavy duty machinery and increased productivity.
Standard 5 Piece Rims are made for tubeless operation with reinforced bead seat bands and back section.
All primary components are made from high strength low alloy (HSLA) steel and forged and seamless ring material is used for critical components. All critical surfaces are fully machined while circumferential weld joints are inspected for quality and integrity.
GKN Wheel's standard 5 Piece Wheels include an optimised locked ring design and a continuous tyre tool pocket feature. These wheels allow for ease of tyre fitting for heavy duty machinery and increased productivity with high specifications. All rim profiles comply with two or more of the following standards - TRA, ETRTO, JATMA and ISO.
- Standard 5 Piece Rim/Wheels - tubeless operation
- Reinforced bead seat bands and back section
- Forged and seamless ring material used for critical components
- Optimised locked ring design
- All primary components made from high strength low alloy (HSLA) steel
- All critical surfaces fully machined
- Circumferential weld joints inspected for quality and integrity
- Continuous tyre tool pocket feature
- Increased productivity with higher specifications
- Ease of tyre fitting for heavy duty machinery