Our Profi-Hub Series has been designed to reflect the demands of modern machines, with assemblies able to be configured to meet customers’ specific requirements. Profi-Hubs provide increased carrying capacity (loads up to 15,700 lbs), improved bearing performance and improved servicing, with the hub’s recessed grease fitting reducing the risk of damage whilst in use and its press-on style hubcap simplifying serviceability.
Designed by the company’s experienced engineering team, the new Profi-Hub series was developed to meet the demands of today’s more powerful, higher-capacity machinery. It delivers increased carrying capacity together with significantly longer service life, improved performance and simpler servicing.
Commenting on the launch, Brad Layne, GKN Wheel’s Hub Systems Product Engineer said: “The new range is an evolution of our proven 871 and 873 hub systems, with the re-design providing improved features, capabilities and value. The new Profi-Hub systems deliver a great combination of improved strength and carrying capacity, with hubs capable of carrying load requirements up to 15,700 pounds.“
With a long and proud tradition manufacturing hubs and spindles, GKN Wheels is offering a solution which is a major advance in design, enabling us to continue to provide our customers with high-quality, high-performance solutions. During the design and testing stage, every element of the product and process was thoroughly evaluated, from raw materials to testing and finishing ensuring Profi-Hub meets the market’s exacting needs.
Following an extensive testing programme, the Profi-Hub range has demonstrated a remarkable two and a half times bearing life improvement. With a design patent pending on the new design, the systems have been designed for a minimum of 20,000 miles service at 20 miles per hour. Serviceability has also been improved, with a recessed grease fitting meaning there will be much less field damage and improving fitting access. The re-design has also enabled the system’s casting weight to be reduced by 15 pounds, improving the carbon footprint of each hub manufactured by 30 pounds of carbon dioxide.
- A patented design solution
- Increased carrying capacity - load requirements up to 15,700 lbs (7,100 kg) whilst casting weight is reduced by 15 lbs (6.8 kg)
- Improved bearing performance - over 2x bearing set durability with new patent pending hub shape
- Improved servicing - recessed grease fitting reduces the risk of damage whilst in use and press-on style hubcap simplifies serviceability
- Assemblies can be configured to customer requirements.
Customisable items include:
- Enhanced seal - cartridge seal
- Grade 8 strength level stud or wheel bolts
- Various nut options
- Designed for 20,000 mile (12,500 km) at 20 mph (32 kph) nominal speed
- Bearing sets packed with high-quality lithium complex grease
- Assemblies available in a brake and non-brake version
- Brake version includes: 6 Hole - 8.25" (209.6 mm) Bolt Circle - 6.00" (152.4 mm) Pilot Diameter
Download the Profi-Hub Datasheet Here: