Customers increasingly demand a high quality surface finish to their products – whether it’s a chassis or wheel. Not only do they expect the product to perform as required but also for the finish to be of a high-quality, durable and resist corrosion in the harsh environments in which they operate.
The world-class automotive standard, E-Coat paint process offered by GKN Wheels & Structures in Telford provides a high-quality surface finish.
Cathodic epoxy electro-coat is designed to be compatible with a both wet and powder coat paint, in addition, the excellent surface finish can allow the e-coat to be applied as a single coat where UV resistance is not required.
Used for automotive and on and off-highway applications the process has recently been adapted to also include all wheels manufactured in Telford;
- Provides a durable, high-quality finish with over 1,000 hours’ salt spray protection.
- Environmentally friendly water-based process
- Corrosion protection: the paint is bonded with the base metal product
- Electro-deposition allows coating of intricate and hard to reach parts of the product
- Better surface finish and fewer defects
- 17 tank process including pre-treatment
- Reduction in paint waste
- Highly repeatable process
- Large capacity tanks for large vehicle structures